Monday, June 10, 2013

Tour de Cure: 2013

So yesterday, June 9th, 2013, I volunteered at the annual Tour de Cure in my area. This has been my third year volunteering, and once again it was a very pleasant experience. I manned the kids booth for the third year in a row. I absolutely love the kids, and was glad to see the new additions to the kids area. This year they had home depot sponsor and they had a little cute work station, where kids could build bird houses, boats, etc.

I mainly face painted this year, which I love, but I didn't get any pictures of our beautiful creations. ( I felt that it would be highly awkward and weird to ask if I could take a picture of their kid's face, and to plant the idea in their head that I'd keep it in my phone...) Anyways, here are the few pictures that I did capture! (:

Face Painting! 


 My kitty unicorn I painted on my wrist! hehehe<3



  
Random fact: The most popular face painting request is the butterfly. I literally can paint the butterfly in my sleep. 


 Healthy healthy lunch!




Yumm, yumm, yummm fish tacos! Sadly they don't have any Wahoo Fish Taco stores in my area =(

Later on, quick stop at the mall. (My friend needed to purchase something)

 Peep at my faded cat-unicorn and my cheetah/leopard print Sperry Top-Siders. :3


I went to sleep at 3 in the morning the night before, and woke up at 6 to get to the event at time. Eventually I STARTED CRASHING! I was so freaking tired, I was like falling asleep well my friend was talking to me. Sadly caffeine doesn't do much for me. I could drink a bajillion servings of caffeine and sleep like a baby. However, I was just way to tired that I couldn't even function, so I bought a grande Iced Hazel-nut Macchiato. ( Woke me up for about 10 minutes, but only slightly)


Well my friend was picking up her item, I spotted this cute little dress. I was thinking about getting it for my sister, but it was a size medium. (Wet Seal, $15.00) The palm trees are galaxy print ish.


Anyways, that was pretty much my day. Once I got home I crashed and died. I fell asleep for days! Omq sleep is so beautiful, so good for your soul. <3

My outfit:

I just wore my avengers tank and a light colored denim high waisted shorts. I have to wear the volunteer shirts so there's no pint in being fancy, since I change the moment I get there. Sadly, they ran out of the green volunteer shirts, so i just wore the gray participant shirt below.





But it is all goods in the hoods, because they will send my a green one through the mail! :D


Interested in Tour de Cure? 

 About the tour: Straight from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment