Hey everyone! I am going to review the products above, many which are still fairly new. I hope this review will help you decide whether to purchase them or not, and SAVE YOUR MONEY on the ones that are a thumbs down! (:
Lets start with the YESES!
1. Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Mascara (Around $5.00-$7.00)
At first I was like ehhh, it's okay. BUT then I realized what a great natural mascara it can be. What I am trying to say is that this gives off a great intensifying natural look. It does not clump, and it can really open your eyes and bring them out without making it look like you are wearing too much makeup or looking clumpy and chunky. From my experience, it does not lengthen your lashes, it just simply darkens them and brings them out. I love, love, love it. In fact the more I use it the more I fall in love. I most DEFINITELY recommend this! Totally worth your money, and perfect for girls who want a natural mascara look!
- It does not smudge and give your raccoon eyes!
- It give a really nice natural effortless look.
- No clumping
- Comes in waterproof
- Sort of easier to remove ( I try to avoid wearing eyeliner and mascara often, because I HATE removing it. Such a hassle, so this one is a plus. Still a slight hassle as with any mascara.)
- Decent pricing
- Adds the perfect intensity to your eyes.
- Does not lengthen your lashes.
I have an extremely hard time keeping my nails in a nice state after I paint them. They always end up chipped, scratched, smudged, dented, and everything else you can imagine. I cant keep them perfect for my life, until they dry. (Even when I blow dry it.) So I heard of this on Youtube, recommended by the beautiful clothesencounters, Jenn! I went out and bought it, and I am quite happy with this purchase. It does not dry as fast as I would like to, and it still smudges slightly if you really slam your nails or rub them against something. But overall I am happy with the purchase, and I do see progress! :D!!
- Does dry around the 30 second range more or less.
- Helps prevent smudging and other nastiness
- Overall a great top-coat
- Does chip ( No-chip does not last up to ten days, of course I have a really bad time keeping my nails nice. So it may or may not work for you!)
- Does not dry as fast as I would like. ( After it is dry, you still need to be a little careful.)
1. Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer ( Around $6.00-$7.00)
This is a highlighting concealer., great for brightening up your face, highlighting, and contouring. I pretty much love this product, but the reason it is in the in-between column is because it can be hard to blend. Well, not exactly, it sort of depends on your skin type. I have had troublesome skin for 6 years, and it has finally started to clear up and become healthier. My skin can be very drying at times, and this is not great to apply well your skin is dry. I also notice this brings out dry skin, like I won't have dry looking skin, but after I apply this, my dry skin is more noticeable. ( I know this is common with applying make up on dry skin.) I also have this thing against thick consistency concealers, this is in between, so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
- Great for contouring/ highlighting.
- Great duke for a mac highlighting concealer product.
- Drugstore pricing. ( Affordable)
- Looks amazing if you have nice skin.
- Not sure how I feel about the consistency. a
- Bad for dry skin.
Jumping straight to the Pros and Cons!
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Lasts a decent amount of time.
- It works as an everyday eyeliner.
- Great Idea. (But needs work!!)
- VERY WATERY FORMULA.
- No color pay off ( At least for the Navy Gleam, Color 520. It looks black, if you didn't look closely or was told, you would never know it was navy blue. You can kind of see that it is navy blue on your hands, but once applied to your eyes NO POSSIBLE WAY TO TELL.)
- My friend thought I was wearing black eyeliner. ( Specifically bought Navy Gleam since navy blue is my school color and I was going to a school spirit event.)
- The Duo 2-in-1 idea needs work.
- The brush is very flimsy.
- Sort of works.
THE NO NO NO's!
1. Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick ( Around $7.00-$11.00)
THIS PRODUCT SUCKS. ( No disprespect) I'm sorry, I am so sad I wasted money on this worthless thing. It has no color pay off, and it looks horrible on your lips. It dosent blend, and it cracks, and eww, eww, eww. Do not waste your money on this. It is not moisturizing and it just looks like your lips died. If this worked for you, than I am happy for you! But this did not work for me and I suggest you do not waste your money on this!
CONS: EVERYTHING. ( I bought the color 020)
Swatches from eyeliner and lipstick: ( I LIKE PRESSED AND WENT OVER AND OVER IN ORDER TO GET THE PINK TO SHOW)
As you can see the lipstick sucks. I attempted to demonstrate with the eyeliner, using the duo turn technique.